You don’t have to be Irish to love Saint Patrick’s Day! Getting to dress up in green, and pinch everyone who dare not show their holiday spirit is a blast at any age. The days are starting to get warmer and everyone is filled with festive cheer. What’s not to love? This year you can rock Saint Patrick’s Day with these fun, simple activities!
Saint Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Hat in Under an Hour
Nothing says Saint Patrick’s Day like fun holiday attire does. Especially holiday attire that you can make in under an hour! We had a blast last year making these festive hats. Make one for yourself, or for any little leprechauns you happen to come across. The best part is, it’s so easy anyone can do it!
What You’ll Need
- Green and yellow paper
- Glue sticks
- Coloring utensils (crayons, colored pencils, regular markers, scented markers or whatever else you like to use!)
- Your head! ????
- The first step is to determine how big you want your hat to be. You can wrap the paper around your head, or you can make a tiny hat, fit for a leprechaun! The choice is yours.
- The next step is to decorate your hat! You can color on it or garnish it by cutting out paper decorations and gluing them on. One idea is to cut out a cute, yellow buckle to wrap around the hat, as seen in the photos.
- Once you have measured your hat and decorated it, use the glue stick to glue both ends together, creating a circle.
- Next, add the base and top to your hat by tracing a circle around the hat and then cutting and pasting it to the top or bottom. This step is optional!
- Embrace your creativity with this craft! There is no such thing as a bad Saint Patrick’s Day hat.
Getting kids to eat fruit can be harder than finding a four leaf clover sometimes! Admittedly, afternoon snack time can be a challenge at my house. Last year I made this delicious Saint Patrick’s Day snack. We called them Leprechaun treats and my kids even helped make them! It was a blast, and definitely a great way to bond and teach them a little bit about cooking. The best part is, they can be ready in under 20 minutes!
Know the Nutrition
Bananas are basically a nutrient powerhouse, packed with potassium, dietary fiber, and protein. They promote easy digestion and improve heart health. White chocolate is high in calcium and does not contain caffeine like other chocolates. Always use in moderation. I use Simply Balanced organic pretzels because they are made with no artificial flavors and non-GMO. They are available for purchase at Target.
- fruit of your choice
- green sprinkles
- white chocolate
What You'll Need
- a fork
- wax paper
- a saucepan
- Cut your fruit into bite sized pieces.
- On the stovetop, over low heat, cook the white chocolate for one minute or until soft. Be careful not to burn it! To avoid burning the chocolate always keep it moving.
- Dip your fruit and pretzels into the melted white chocolate with a fork, and then lay them out on wax paper.
- To make a clover, place 3 pretzels together with the round sides facing in towards the middle. Let the white chocolate dry like this and the pretzels will stick together making an adorable clover!
- Lightly coat with green sprinkles on top.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve!
Once you’ve made your holiday hat and eaten your Leprechaun treats put your brain to the test with this Saint Patrick’s Day word search! All you have to do for extra entertainment is click the following link and print! Saint Patrick’s Day Word Search.
Find out more about Lucy and see more of her posts here.