How to Make Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
It’s quite simple to learn how to make homemade Baileys Irish cream. And the taste is very close to that of the famous brand.
When you have guests for dinner, whether for a special occasion or simply to spend the evening with friends, it is always a good idea to end the meal by offering a drink. A coffee, tea or… why not a glass of liquor? For those special moments, I offer this homemade Baileys Irish cream recipe.
This recipe gives the proportions of whisky and sweetened condensed milk that I normally use. The quantity of other ingredients are approximate and I vary them according to the desired result.
The whisky I typically use is not the highest quality whisky. Still, don’t use the cheapest ones! I’ve tried and believe me the result is not great.
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream
- 12 oz whisky
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 shot strong coffee *
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla concentrate
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and whisky in a blender.
- Place the lid on the blender and blend until well mixed
- Add cocoa, coffee, and vanilla. Mix again to blend the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the flavors to your liking by adding more chocolate, coffee, or vanilla.