Chocolate Tiramisu. Mmm. For those of you who don’t speak Italian, a translation is justified in here, because directly translated… “tiramisu” means “pick me up.”
This super indulgent tiramisu recipe with extra chocolate is definitely something that boosts your mood after a long day at work.
And do you know what´s especially good about this dessert? If you have kids you can peacefully and without lying explain that this dessert is only for the grown-ups and don’t have to share!
Well, you COULD leave out the alcohol and add some extra decaf coffee to prepare it. But do you really want to?
Know your ingredient
Mascarpone is an Italian ingredient that in desserts as well as savory dishes. It is made from only two ingredients – whole cream and acid for thickening. It is very smooth, thick and rich.
The fat content of mascarpone can be as high as 75%. It is believed that the name originates from Spanish expression “mas que bueno” meaning “better than good.” Not sure if the story about the name is true, but mascarpone definitely tastes better than good!
Heavenly Chocolate Tiramisu
- 4 Eggs organic and free range, please
- 2.5 cups Mascarpone Room Temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Coffee
- 1 shot glass Amaretto
- 30 Ladyfinger Biscuits
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate
- Separate the eggs to whites and yolks. Make sure the bowl for egg whites is completely grease-free or you will have trouble whisking them.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy, then stir in the mascarpone.
- Beat the egg whites and carefully fold them to the mixture.
- In a separate dish, mix the coffee and amaretto.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Find a dish you want to build your tiramisu in. Quickly dip the biscuits in coffee and place them in the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the biscuits with half of the mascarpone cream and all of the chocolate.
- Build a second layer with biscuits and mascarpone. Cover the dish and refrigerate for minimum 5 hours.
- Just before serving sieve the cocoa powder on top.