Simple, delicious, and healthy. Enjoy these garlic potatoes as a side or just go to town and make it your meal. This potato recipe is a staple in our home.
My husband and children ask for them all the time. I just have to make sure to save some for myself, before they get devoured.
Know your ingredient
Avacado oil is extracted from the flesh of the avacado, one of the highest-fat fruits in existence. The good news is that the fat is a good fat, since it is mostly oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat. This is the same fat that makes olive oil such a hit in the Mediterranean diet.
Avacado oil also makes a nice alternative to nut-based oils, for those with nut allergies. As a final bonus, it enhances the absorption of other nutrients, especially carotenoids, which act as antioxidants in our system.
Suggested Cooking Tools
Healthy Garlic Potatoes
- 4 Medium-Sized Potatoes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Parsley Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Wash and finely chop the parsley.
- Mix potatoes, garlic powder, and avocado oil in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes after 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.